Easy Quinoa Pizza Bake
Quinoa the kids will actually eat! This is a delicious recipe and it has awesome nutrition with the quinoa!! My kids just like pepperoni so I made half of the recipe with only pepperoni and cheese. On the portion for me I added veggies! Add whatever toppings you like! Enjoy!
~ 1 cup (dry) quinoa
~ 2 cups Chicken, vegetable broth, or water
~ 2 cans organic pizza sauce
~ 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
~ 2-3 cups of your favorite pizza toppings (I used peppers, onions, mushrooms, pepperoni, and olives
~ optional toppings: grated parmesan cheese, crushed red peppers
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees
2. Cook quinoa in the broth or water according to package directions.
3. When the quinoa has finished cooking, fluff the quinoa with a fork. Then sitr about 1/2 cup pizza sauce into the quinoa.
4. Spray a large casserole dish lightly with cooking oil.
5. Spread 3/4 cup of the pizza sauce evenly over the bottom of the dish.
6. Next, spread about 1 1/2 cups of the quinoa on top of the sauce.
7. Sprinkle approx. 1/3 of the cheese.
8. Place your desired toppings next.
9. Repeat the layers one more time (sauce, quinoa, cheese, toppings)
10. Top with remaining cheese and sauce.
11. Bake for 20 minutes until heated through and cheese is melted and bubbly.
(Recipe adapted from www.givemesomeoven.com)